Saturday, January 18, 2014

M COM 320


Writing has always been my "Achilles Tendon".  Quite frankly, I have not ever been very interested in reading writing.  My brain understands the language of Calculus and Chemistry better than English.  As I have matured my writing has indeed strengthened.  I still do not enjoy composing research, persuasive, nor expository essays.  I do, however, find this class extremely helpful in educating me on how to be successful in the business world.  That does interest me.  This semester has only begun, but there are a few things this class has already taught me.  I think the last time I really studied grammar was in high school, and I'm coming up on my 10-year reunion soon.  It may sound silly, but I learned that dashes work exactly like commas in certain situations.  They simply evoke a different tone in the context of the sentence.  Another gem I discovered was how to appropriately use a hyphen.  I feel like an infant again, but I was walking at 6 months.  So, I'm confident I'll catch on quickly.    

P.S. Don't judge me on my punctuation and grammar yet.  I'm still learning. 
Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment