Saturday, March 29, 2014

3D Printing

Lately I have been trying to implament the concepts we learn in class to my daily life.  I have been trying to use my skills regarding persuasive short letters by email to my supervisors and managers.  I want to sound professional and express my interest in moving up.  I used OABC to be clear in my intentions.  It didn't really end up going anywhere however they know that I am serious and professional.  I feel that my credibility improved after my efforts to seek additional opportunities.  It is a slow process however I think management may be coming around to see I would be a great asset to their leadership openings.

I had a good time researching my topic for my briefing article.  The direction of 3D printing is truly remarkable.  It will change medicine forever.  We have printed organs and bone marrow.   Printed organs are not quite viable for transplant however it is getting very close.  The amount of lives we will be able to save and the amount of donor lists we can eliminate will be immediately reflected by this new technology.  Family members I have lost may have been saved with technology.  We can spare others of losing young children.  I cannot wait till it is an everyday household item.  It will change the world.

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty amazing to think that one day, we might be able to print spare parts for ourselves. And it is good to hear you are implementing your MCom skills outside of class. I too have been trying to incorporate things we have learned in class into my work. I do believe it has enhance the overall presentation of my documents.

    ReplyDelete